Sunday, March 04, 2007

9 down - 131 to go!

HOW DO YA LIKE MY PATTIES!!!

















Was so impressed with myself I just had to show you!!
One of my meals right now is Chicken, Sweet Pot and Brocolli.
Not a lover of anything green looking!!! and have been eating the
above as per normal cooking methods for 8 days now, so wanted
to try something different.
So whilst doing my weekly mass cook up of all my meals, I thought
I would experiment with that one meal.
So weighed up all the individual portions and one at a time
(very time consuming) popped it in the blender. Scopped it all
out and made some patties.
Added herbs and spices and voila!
Warmed up in the oven, they are delish!!!

So update needed I guess?

I have been with Sam since Jan now. Been training hard no probs
there, but I didn't quite get my mojo back with diet since coming
home from the UK.

So desparate measures were required, well not really desparate,
but I was sure feeling desparate.
So we increased my comp prep from 16 weeks to 20 weeks and
will take it a little slower. I needed this to pull my focus back.
I am pleased to report I have now been in comp prep with Sam
leading me along for 9 days now.
Have stuck to my plan, both diet and exercise. A couple of days
I didn't eat all my meals and got a slap on the hand but I have
gotten back up to all meals per day.

I haven't had a pepsi max for 20 days!! I feel in control of that now
and will perhaps allow myself one on a Sunday if I make it through
the weekend on track, weekends are terrible for me a real mental test
for me with regards to food.

So what else has been going on?

SAM came to my Bodyattack Launch on Monday!! Was great to see her there. She was the one armed Bodyattacker, in a nice way - it was funny!

I must say as the week has gone on and I have taught the whole release a good 4 times, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. If you normally do Bodyattack you will love it, just give it a couple of classes.
If you don't normally do it and you want some HIT, then get your butts in to a class and prepare to be challenged! Don't be scared off though, if you get a good instructor they should always give lower options to allow you to reduce intensity and work at your own level to complete the whole class.

I wen tto my first AFL match last weekend!!! My dad and Hubby surprised me, got a friend to have ou little girl and we all wen tto the footie!!
The Eagles and Dockers played in the NAB cup at Subiaco here in Perth.
I have loved the ottie since we first arrived, I appreciate the physical side of the players and find the speed of the game very engaging and I must say I JUST LOVED GOING TO THE MATCH!! I am hooked for sure.

We have signed 'My boy' up to the local club, can't wait to get involved with that! He is very lucky with regards to sport. He can turn his hand to anything. A very good sprinter AND endurance runner! I think he will excel at footie once he is coached in the technique of playing.

I have no idea about Melbourne and its surrounds, but my hubby and I are looking forward to the comp so if anyone reading can advise on somewhere to stay that is central for after comp but with easy access to the Camberwell Centre for the comp please can you let me know, I will start to ponder on flghts and accomodation soon I think.

Well, a rather long post for me!! Thanks for reading.

Hope you are all well

Shar x

11 comments:

Sam W said...

Shar - you are also in my motivation book too! Definetly worthy! I might have to give your patties a wirl, as I hate anything green too but need to get myself sorted with eating better. The whole thing is not going too well at the mo. Need a kick up the ass!
I grew up in Melb, right near Camberwell so I will have a think about somewhere to stay, other than my Dad's!

Miss Positive said...

Shar I totally hear you about losing your mojo, and cleaning up your diet... I'm struggling a bit too - must be the travelling that does it! (thats my excuse anyway LOL!)

Last year when I went to the All Female we stayed at Quest at Kew... rooms were nice but I think the staff left some room for improvement!

Hope you continue to kick arse in your comp prep!

Hilary xx

LizN said...

Dear Shar,

I stayed at the Oaks on Market when in Melbourne. A quick walk down the road and you are at the train station that takes you direct to Camberwell.

It's about a 10 minute walk from the station!

HTH
Liz N

PS - I haven't heard the Attack release but I love the RPM one!

Bec said...

Those patties look awesome. Yummo. And healthy too.

Good luck with the comp prep. You can totally do it. And congrats on kicking the Pepsi Max habit, that is huge. I am a coke zero girl.

Well have a great week.
Rebecca

Pip said...

WOW, - great looking patties. They look really similar to what I had last night. I was in Woolworths, (just behind, upstairs from Fitness First Murray St) and the queues were HUGE. They always are but NOTHING like last night. Was gonna buy lean chicken breast for my normal thing. But NONE. I bought chick mince that looked lean, remembered about some chick patties Rae posted recently, but couldn't remember all ingredients. Mine contained chicken, onion, chives, red capsicum, small amount of low fat cottage cheese and were cooked in a non stick pan with water instead of oil. They stayed together and YUM, - similar looking to yours.

I'd say be careful if considering a PM on Sunday. After 6 months of total abstinence from diet soft drinks I gave in and bought what I expected to be a one off 600ml coke zero. BAD mistake and just that was enough to send me into 1.5L - 2L dependancy off the stuff daily. I really got my head around it and quit them again 1 March a week ago, - successful to date.

GREAT job on the training, - doing awesome!

Sue Heintze said...

Shar I think Ali is looking into some accommodation in Kew - I am staying with her. Would be great to all stay at same place. Send her an email...

Sam D-M said...

Hey Shar,

I am very impressed with the patties. Did you blend all the ingrediants raw? I might have to give it a go.

Sam

jodie said...

Hey Shar
Great patties. Glad to see we have another AFL convert. Yah!
Jodie
xx

Ali said...

OWWW those patties look great, I have a similar meal so I think I might try them as well.

Great to hear that you are back on track, ;)

and yes I am looking into accommodation for July so if you and your hubby are interested in staying where we are you are more than welcome, just email me and I'll send you what I have found so far, ali_brown@optusnet.com.au

Take care and have a great week

Alix

Splice said...

Sorry im late lol but the patties are making my mouth water, yummo!

I hope you are training hard and eating well.

Deb.

P.s. I could not go 20 days without pepsi max, no way, you are stronge ;-)

SeLiNa said...

Hey Shar :)
I do like the look of those patties, maybe u should post the recipe?!?! ":P
Hows things been since this post, keep us updated, I love to hear how you're going :)
xoxoxo
Your #1 cheersquad member :)