Friday, June 30, 2006

Week 6 - Day 4!

Hi All,
Thanks for all the comments!!

So week 6 - Day 4!! where is this year going let alone my challenge!

Its hubbys B'day on 1st July and that to me always signals how quick the year has gone!!
We are both 30 this year!!! ARGGHHHH I have a real problem with getting to 30! So I'm going to be 20/10.

This week is going well, I have a cold that I thought I has escaped but no I had to go and get it!! I have still been Ok to teach all my classes,(9 so far!) I couldn't do my long run on Monday though as my nose was totally blocked and my throat was sore.

So did it on Tuesday but reduced the distance a little, then Bodyattack on Wednesday and Thursday was enough cardio for those days!!

Plan to do Short High Intensity run today, then a Bodybalance class, then driving to Cannington to do my handover for my GFC position!!!! YAYYY!!

FAMILY NEWS!!! My little boy has blown us away this week with his maths skills!!! All kids at his school (and other schools) were invited to partcipate in the 2006 International Competitions and Assessments for Schools - Mathematics test. All organised and set up by the Uni of NSW. So we paid the fee, sent back the form and heard nothing more, until he came home and said he had done it.

So of course we asked how he went, we got the usual (those without kids - they get to a certain agae and everything becomes 'alright' and they don't disclose alot about their day without intense probing!) 'yeah, it was alright'.

UNTIL!!! he comes home on Wednesday with a certificate and report that you get sent with results on!!
HE GOT A HIGH DISTINCTION!!! (the highest!!) PLUS the report shows him a being top 10% for his year in WA, way above average in all sections of the test and in most sections over and above the range of year 5 scores in WA!!!

GO BRYCE!!!! Anyway, that is my proud mum moment!!! Sorry for going on and on!!

So onward for the weekend, I do plan a free meal with my hubby!!! We have go my dad babysitting!! (he is our only family here) for a couple of hours and we will go for lunch, should be nice, probably going to Hillary's Boat Harbour, those not from Perth, it is a gorgous hub of life, energy and beauty.

Anyway must dash, run to do and class to teach!! Will report on 1/2 way results next week.

Speak soon

Shar XXXX

3 comments:

CJ said...

Hillary's Boat Harbour is gorgeous - have a great meal, 'mother of maths genius'!
Cathy

Hope you're feeling better too. Have a great weekend.

Miss Positive said...

Hope the cold is getting better!

Congrats to you and your son for the high distinction in maths!! You must be super proud!

Dont stress about reaching 'dirty 30' - it just means that people take you more seriously now! 30 was the best year of my life!

Hope you enjoyed your lunch - I have been there before, mostly out of curiosity because I share a name with it! It was a cool place though!

Hilary xx

Hilds said...

Hi Sharleen, Sounds like your a very proud Mum at the moment, well done. Hey what is wrong with turning 30, I'm 30 in August and can't wait I think it will be fantastic! Anyway great to hear your challenge is going well!
Cheers Hilds