Friday, February 02, 2007

Di - You were right!!!................................

My first training session with the 'Personal Trainer', my hubby, took place Thursday, chest and shoulders as prescribed by Sam.

Di was soooooo right, training with your partner or hubby can be hard, it took all my might not to cry, scream, shout etc etc, before we started I was told to 'just get on with it'. BUT guess who cannot move her arms in any direction due to my chest being soooooo sore!

I also just did legs, about 4 hours ago and I am so in trouble, soreness starting to creep in already.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE! He is now book all the way through to comp!, no questions, training that hard will surely bring results???????????

Have been e mailing with 'SARGE' about various things, one being an addiction I have - sorry, correction, HAD. Please don't gasp in amazement when I tell you !!

This is the honest truth, I was/am addicted to Pepsi Max (PM), drinking around 8 cans per day was normal!
I know, I know, although no sugar, BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD...... I don't drink it because I'm thirsty, I drink 4 litres of water a day for thirst reasons, I drink it due to being addicted to the caffiene and have formed a habit.

So i have been down to 3 per day for the first three weeks and then came the instruction from 'SARGE' to have a maximum of ONE if any!

So this week I thought, lets just kick this no nutritional value, carbonated, coloured, sweetened shit to the curb and try for none but worse case go ONE.

Well, one a day all week, and as yet I haven't had today's BUT headaches, tirdness, craving - pardon the pun - TO THE MAX!!!!!!!! I might see if I can go into PM re-hab! :)

This is a long term habit that was formed about 4 years ago when I did my 'drink diet fizzy drink to fill me up and don't eat' diet, I'm sure you must have heard of it?? Well it worked I drop about 3 stone (19kg?) and of course long term it went back on. I have since carried on drinking it, have had periods where it wasn't as much but before my trip home and whilst we were there I have been drinking about 7-8 per day.

So to sum up I am chuffed I have made it to 1 per day, I'll see if a couple of days next wek I can make it without and weeeeeeeen myself off of the HARD CORE PM.

Anyway, thats about it for now will update soon, with how limited my walking is after todays leg session!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you are all well, have a great weekend, I'll be spending mine with my gorgeous husband and kids, down the beach, Perth is sooo hot right now.

As always THANKS for the comments!

Shar x

12 comments:

jodie said...

yes - diet caffeine laden soft drinks are sooo addictive. I am sure they make it that way on purpose. I try to limit myself too. One can a day at lunch, that's it. Good update and I hope you don't get TOO sore. Have a good weekend.
Jodie
xx

SeLiNa said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I was addicted to PM (i like it better too that coke zero or any of the others), but I was peaking at 2 per day... EIGHT?!?!?! I hope you aren't suffering withdrawals too much :)
As for you training - doesn't a partner make a difference!! I just feel sorry for him.. LOL
So hows those legs today darl?!?!?!
U walking like tin-man as I was this week?!?! hehehe
Have a nice hot weekend :)

Shar said...

Thanks for the comments girls!

Major shakes, sweats and headaches !!
Well only the headaches!
Can put up with those and stick to water to help cleanse my liver (See, I do learn SARGE :)

Shar x

Ali said...

Thanks Shar for the comment on my blog.. I see you have the wonderful Sam training you as well, all the very best!!

I think I'll get to meet you In july at Melbourne?

Good luck with quitting that PM,

Have a wonderful weekend

Alixx

Anonymous said...

Out with the old, in with the new and boy are you going to rock when you reach your goal! There's no holding you back Shar. :o)

Miss Positive said...

Your training must have been intense! Wish I could train with my partner... its not gonna happen though. Are your legs caining today?

Good luck weaning yourself off the Pepsi Max!

Hilary xx

Bug's Mumma said...

I have a confession to make, I'm addicted to Pepsi Max as well. I even bought two slabs of it when I was grocery shopping today as it was on sale. Hmmmmm I wonder if there's a support group for our addiction? Lol. xo

Pip said...

PEPSI MAX!!!

Afraid my 'addiction' IS Coke Zero, (used to be diet coke).

I know how tough it can be. I've managed to give up diet soft drinks for periods of 6 months straight or more before. Then I may decide to have '1 can' which leads to another, another and SPLAT, - all of the sudden I start averaging 1.5-2L a day of the 'stuff' again! A 600ml on the way to work or at 4am on early shift starts! Another with lunch and another after work quite often for me! If I decide to be 'more economical' and buy a 1.25L from supermarket it gets drank all in one sitting.

However on all occasions I've stopped diet soft drinks cold turkey I seem to ALWAYS replace with an alcoholic drink or 2 a day most days, (sometimes more). Generally a beer or 2, (- Pure Blondes or Coronas) or a wine. (When particularly focused through week a bottle may last 3 nights, - but at weekends consumption is faster).

I was supposed to start my 'total clean 4 weeks' from diet fizz AND booze 1st Feb, - gave in so am starting a new consecutive 4 weeks tomorrow!)

The idea is to give up diet soft drinks COMPLETELY for GOOD again and for at least 4 alcohol free weeks, (then only drink occasionally/outings after that in moderation).

Bring it on!

Pip

Carolyn said...

Hi Shar!
Thanks for dropping by my blog!

I also have to limit myself on the diet coke - otherwise it's easy to get out of control! Looks like there's lots of us in the same boat!

On the pancakes - yes, I freeze them. I make up a batch at a time, while the first lot is frying I get the next lot on the go, then wrap in gladwrap and stick in the freezer. 2 mins in the microwave, some SF maple syrup and voila! Breakfast!
Cheers
Carolyn

RaeC said...

I WAS RIGHT, I WAS RIGHT!! *jumping up and down* it is Sam I Am D-M Shultz!! Now all we have to do is throw a "flower child" in there somewhere and that will sum up your Coach!!

Glad to see you are being weaned off the diet fizzy soft-drink!!

Keep up the great work Shar xxx

Sam W said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog shar. Yep 12 weeks to go!

Thanks for your supportive comments!

I thought I had a bad addiction - 8 cans! WTF?

Di Broeren said...

Heheheheh : ) I'm having a little giggle to myself imagining you cursing inwards : )

How great does it feel afterwards though?! And you know who is going to your biggest fan when you are up on stage! He'll be puffing his chest out saying "That's my girl - oh and I'm her trainer"!!!

Good on you for pushing outside your comfort zone. I used to love diet coke but have developed an intolerance to it - and most other things with artificial sweetener.