Friday, January 05, 2007

My Trip to the UK

Hi all

So we have been back nearly a week now and it has taken us that long to get our sleeping and eating patterns back to normal!
My boy got himself sorted pretty much straight away with just 1 early morning the day after we landed back in Perth, my little girl on the other hand had her first full nights sleep for the first time on Wednesday night, she was waking up hungry and wide awake at around 2am, this then became 3am, then 4 am until gradually her bodyclock re-set to Oz time and slept through.
Paul and I are still a little off, feeling quite tired at around 4pm and wide awake at midnight!

Anyway, the trip itself was fntastic, to see my family again was great. My new neice is just gorgeous and after about a week she would recognise me when I walked into the room, or called her name etc.
Here is a picture of us playing ........















The plane over there was as OK as it can be with a just 3 year old! My plan of the flight times working in with sleep worked.
The flight to Singapore was 4 1/2 hours and we just played, did colouring, did drawing, play dough etc etc had lots of little pressie that we gave her in times of need!
Then we had 2 hours at singapore airport as our flight got delayed an hour, so we just walked around, stretch our legs, got Maddi's PJ's on and onto the long 14 hour flight to the UK.
As soon as you are settled into the flight they serve a meal up, so we had that and then Maddi was so tired she just zonked! she slept for 7 hours!!!! YAY! then we played a little, she watch some cartoons etc and then they served breakfast. So all in all OK, sometimes hard to keep her attention.
Heres a pic of her doing her fake smile, opening one of the little pressies on the plane..............................














My boy, Bryce, who is in the background was just superb on the plane, he didn't once moan, never got fidgety etc, what a star!

When we arrived at Heathrow we were just expecting my Step-Dad to pick us up as we needed the room in the car for us and our luggage, my mum told me she was working and would see us in Norfolk when we had done the 2 1/2 hour drive, my sis said she would be waiting at my nans for when we arrived there etc etc, everyone had an excuse!
So as the arrivals door opened, I spotted my Step-Dad standing there, her then started to walk quickly to the right hand side, I thought he was comming to greet us past the barrier thingy and then he stopped ............... and stood with EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!! The whole bloody family were there, mine and Pauls! My sis, my neice, my mum, EVERYONE!!
They had gotten a mini-bus. I just burst out crying and my legs froze, it was so good to see their faces in person!
WHAT A WAY TO START OUR VISIT..................................

More to come...................

Shar x

11 comments:

MeLiSsA said...

That is so awesome! I love it when family does that!! I'm so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. I can't wait to see my family. We're going home at the end of this month and I am stoked!!! Can't wait to hear more...

SeLiNa said...

Awww thats beautiful!! i just got goosebumps reading that!!!
I just lurve that long plane flight too... NOT!
least your kiddies were angels :)
Can't wait to hear episode 2!!

SeLiNa said...

Hey YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!!!
(see my blog for details)
;)

Miss Positive said...

Shar it sounds like you had a fabulous time, good to hear that you made it safe and sound back home - soak up that sun - I'm still freezing over in the UK!

Hilary xx

jodie said...

What a wonderful surprise, sounds like you had a really special time. Can't wait to hear and see more.... :)

Unknown said...

Awww how amazing, that is awesome that they all came to see you and greet you!! Its so nice when you get little surprises like that!

Cant wait to hear the rest of your travel stories!! Keep em coming!!

Are you back at work now and busy as ever?

Hilds said...

Thats great news Shar, sounds like an amazing family! I don't know how you do those long flights with the kids I struggle just on my own! Hope the sleep is getting better. Hilds

Kelly said...

Hi Shar, welcome back to OZ. Glad you had a great trip. I've been following your blog for a while now. Are you going to do another Challenge or are you going to maintain?
Kelly

Bec said...

Hi Shar,

It sounds as though your trip was amazing. I am so glad you had such a great time.

I can't wait to hear the next instalment.

Cheers
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Found you. ;o)

Pip said...

Hey Shar!

Glad you trip went well and you had a GREAT time!

Thanks for popping by my blog! I HAVE seen you at Murray St before. Admittably I haven't been to Body Attack. Most of the time I was at the gym last year I was either slogging it out on a treadmill or at Body Pump, - sometimes in the weights room and occasionally an RPM class. I did get very good results for a few months before slackening off from mid Nov to start of the month.

BUT I'm back, ready, into it to meet all my fitness targets, have been thinking about Body Attack and will BE THERE! I'll get to the next class that fits my work schedule and when I see you, I'll introduce myself! I just may be un-co!! - LOL!