Friday, November 10, 2006

Do You Truely Believe You Can?


Firstly I would like to say thanks for the
comments girlies!

Hilary - Thanks for always congratulating me when I do my weekly update!! I always stay up to date with you via blogland. Just read your latest post, re: Bodyattack, you just cannot beat it for some high intensity cardio can you? I love teaching it, I love how strong and powerful the moves are and then throw in the old school aerobics feel, what more could you want? I may be a little biased?

Amy - Thanks for your encouragement! Your going well at the moment too! I read about your wonderful trip!! You must be sooooooooo excited.

Magda - thanks for dropping by. I am going well at the moment but it has just been a hard time getting to the point where I just put my head down and did it! Thanks for reading my post from the 27th, I was having a funny day that day and it di help to get my feelings out! I'm glad it helped, go back and read it when you 'need' to.

mvn4wrd - thanks for reading my blog and commenting, glad the above mentioned post help you too.

Arna - thanks for the song!! it made me sing it and smile. It is getting tough as I am pretty much down to the last few kilos, but, I will keep pushing as everyday I feel better, better with how I look, better with how I feel and my vision of how I see things has changed for the better.


Yes my trip is approaching and I can't explain how much I have missed my mum, step dad and sister over the past two years, sometimes it has hurt so bad I just cried, BUT I have 4 whole weeks with them and my new baby neice! I will make the most of EVERY DAY!! then I plan to have mum out here next year so it will never be that long between visits again.

ANYWAY, to my title today............

Having gotten your comments and especially in relation to Magdas. ALL YEAR, from Jan 2nd 2006 (couldn't start 'diet' on Jan 1st as it's a public holiday and sadly to me that used to signify 'nice' food, oh how my relationship with food has changed!) there were hard days,

  • there are days I questioned whether I should should give it all up and stay overweight,
  • there were days after my operation and the second operation I wondered whether I would get back to intense exercise,
  • there were days I just 'couldn't be bothered',
  • there were days I got mad with how society could judge 'fat' people and just wanted everyone to be fat,
  • there were days I would catch people judge me for how I looked (I was 10kg overweight but my profession does not seem to sympathise whatever the amount)
  • there were days 'I didn't believe I could'
  • there were days I felt like the crappiest mum because I was so consumed by me and how I felt
  • There were numerous other feelings, too many to list.

I spent all year 'fighting' until i made a decision, same as all the other decisions this year, to eat clean, exericse and finally put all the demons to rest, but, the difference this time was.....

I HAD TO TRUELY BELIEVE I COULD DO IT , nothing can take your belief away, not a single person, not a peice of food, you have to believe that you can reach your end goals, if something sways you, the belief has to be there to get you back on track, if something 'ruins' your plan for the week, you have to have the belief that this won't ruin the rest of the week, you have to beleive you are in control.

Sorry to ramble but just wanted to get this down so perhaps if 1 person ust can't seem to find the belief right now, maybe it will come, because you have to know when I say the old cliche

IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN I so mean it, i have had my ups and downs, struggles etc and I do truley believe that we can achieve, but we have to want it and believe it deep down.

Anyway, I will be back over the weekend with my weekly update on weight, food and exercise.

Here's hoping for a good one!

Have a great weekend all,

SHAR X

6 comments:

Bec said...

Hi Shar,

You can totally reach your goals. It sounds like you are sooo extremely close!!! It is in reach.

Just think, almost time for your trip and you will be looking fabulous. We have both come a long way in a year!

Have a great weekend :)
Rebecca

Hilds said...

Sharleen thats awesome! It is soooo true, you just need to believe in yourself and everything just seems to fall into place. Not long until you go now, I hope you enjoy every moment you have over there. Thanks for being so inspiring! Hilds

SeLiNa said...

Shar, I'm totally hearing you on that one!!!!!!
It really is as simple as that isn't it, we have a choice, to do it or to not do it, there is no "try".
I hope many people can take lots from your post :)
xoxo

little rene said...

What an excellent post Shar!

Congratulations on your fantastic achievements! You have really taken control and made some positive changes to your life!

love

renexxx

Sam D-M said...

Hey Shar,

Thankyou for sharing your feelings :-) You should be proud of what you have achieved. I have to tell you i got something personal out of your post, i hope i get to know you better soon.

After todays weather in perth, you must not be looking forward to that wintery chrissy in the uk !! i am sure family will keep you warm:-)

Sam

Carolyn said...

Hi Shar,
What a great post! I have just come back from hols and am getting back on track (first day today!). I found it really hard while I was away, and my resolve to stay "good" eventually was lost. But, now I am back home, it's back on track and working towards the goal. Any gain is just a minor blip in reaching the end goal!
What you say is so true - and it sums up how I am feeling at the moment as well! I feel more motivated to really get it together up to Christmas now!

Hope you have a great holiday!
Cheers
Carolyn