Wednesday, September 27, 2006

One of those days!

Hi All

I have had one of those days when I could have easily just eaten my way out of feeling crap!! BUT would have ended up feeling Crapper!! Do you know what I mean?

I am a pretty confident and strong person in certain areas of my life.

I am raising two children that are a true gift to me, I have the FULL help and support of my gorgeous hubby and although I feel the strain of being a Mum sometimes, the good outweighs the testing times. This is one area I feel confident and strong in, my love for my Children and Husband is unconditional and no matter what I will ALWAYS put them first.

The other area I feel confident and strong in is my choosen career. I always put myself out for others I work with, I always give 100% to each and every class I teach, I am passionate about what I do and helping people to enjoy exercise and change there exercise experience for the better.

The one area that I feel drains me more than anything and is such a waste of my time, is worrying constantly about how I feel, look and how I am perceived, not only to others but more to myself.

For those who are reading and don't know my history I have been up 100kg and down to 55kg no once but TWICE!

Here is the 100kg picture !!!
ARGHHHHHH!!

I can't believe I'm posting this!!!
This is around 5 years ago now.









With alot of hard training, eating right I managed to get down to this.........


Since this photo I have gained 9kgs!

I cannot explain how dissapointed I am in
Myself!

But the thing I am most dissapointed
about is the fact that I gained this last year
and I have spent ALL OF THIS YEAR
trying to get rid of it!!

MY GOD ! can lose 45kg but I can't get
my head right to lose 9kgs? what is that all about!?





Anyway the reason for all of my ramblings above is that fact that today I can say I am NO WAY, NEVER, EVER going to waste my time, my emotions, all of my effort on worrying about whether I can do this, whether I can lose 9kgs, whether I can feel confident in myself and how I look.

I have 'started again' too many times, I have said 'this time i'm gonna do it' too many times.

I cannot afford to waste any more time making excuses!! I have to get there and I have to enjoy life.

I am feeling very powerful and strong today which is why I have written this blog, I am truly focussed at the moment, my training is going well, I am eating clean and I feel unstoppable. I cannot honestly say that in all my other 'attempts' this year I have never felt this way.

I am going to seize this moment and continue to push on.


'A ship in the harbor is safe. But that's not what ships are built for.'

Navigating your ship

Taking the easy way out is, well, easy. Human beings naturally stick with their normal routines because they offer feelings of security. But by staying in the same routine, you miss out on new opportunities.

If you are waiting around for your goals to just fall into your lap, it could take awhile. But your goals are achievable- if you're willing to break from the norm and cast your ship down uncharted waters.

My aim, my goal, is not only to lose the 9kg that seems to be holding me back, but more importantly to be CONFIDENT and STRONG in all areas of my life, so I can raise Confident and Strong children.

Thanks for listening

Shar x




8 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow those photos are awesome!! What an inspirational story. I am where you used to be, the 100kg mark. Seeing your results has really spurred me on!!! Your body is killer!!!

And if you can lose 45kg then girl, you can lose another 9!!!!!

Bec said...

Hi Sharleen,

Wow. What an amazing achievement. You should be so incredibly proud. Look at where you have come from.

I am in a similar place right now and am fighting to lose the last few baby kilos. Damn them!! I look at past pics though and can see I am sloooowly making progress.

We can do this. You look awesome, and yes, children are the best things in our lives. My daughter is the best thing ever, so the fight to lose weight is worth it.

Cheers
Rebecca

Carolyn said...

Wow Sharleen - 45kg is an amazing achievement. I have just looked at your photos and I am really inspired! I was tipping the scales at nearly 97kg (have lost just over 21 with Sue now), and am looking at your after photo, going WOW! I aspire to have a figure like you have!

I am sure you will get rid of the 9kg!

All the best,
Carolyn

little rene said...

Hey Sharleen,

I think it is harder sometimes to lose the smaller amounts of weight!

I have put on about 5kgs since I got down to my dream weight and I like you feel pretty crap about it. The difference for me this time compared to all of my other weight loss "adventures" is that I KNOW how to lose it and I BELIEVE that it will happen. I just have to stay focused long enough to see results!

Good luck, I know you can do it and I look forward to reading all about the journey.

love

renexxx

CJ said...

Hang in there! That was really inspiring - just what I need!

Hilds said...

Hi Sharleen, You should be so proud of what you have achieved and what you achieve on a daily basis. I understand your frustration about constantly worrying about your appearance and what others think and am actually working on getting over that myself at the moment. I think you should forget about the scales and your success should be based on how YOU feel! Anyway keep up the awesome effort. Hilds

Mel said...

Hi Shar,

Sometimes what seems like "smaller" goals are harder but you lost 45Kg, you kick ass.

Looking at the big picture is often our down fall, its the day by day picture we need to see.

Kick ass sweet!
Mel.
x

Rachel said...

WOW your 'after' photo is amazing, that photo alone must be a major incentive as most overweight people can't 'see' themselves at goal but you have that awesome photo.

Keep at it girl, summer is here and the fine weather will give your spirits a lift and help you with your last 9kgs.

Good luck!