Friday, January 20, 2006

Week 3 - Day 5 - FED UP!!

OK so I'm only human. Had a slip up yesterday! really angry with myself, so have written down the emotions that triggered it and will draw on that when I need to.

The reason (not a valid one as I should have responded diferently !!) -

I have a gallstone, when diagnosed three years ago I choose to opt out of surgery and control it by a low fat diet, I have had no chocolate bars, cake, chips etc in that time. More recently the slightest thing can set it off so I went to the doc's who refered me to the hospital. Scans were done and my stone is still there along with the walls of the gallbladder being thickened and inflammed (this is not good long term and could become cancerous).

Surgery is my best option, so on the wait list I went. Dr told me 3 months, then I was told 10 months, then I recieve a call on Wednesday giving me 10 days notice!!

First emotion - Yes no more excruciating pain ever again, second emotion - late notice for covering all my classes, third emotion - what about the kids, fourth emotion - WHAT ABOUT MY CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going so well and now I have to take 3 weeks off exercise!!

This was so dissappionting for me that my brain went into - 'i've wasted all my time so far', 'i'll never make the gains I need with three weeks off' etc etc, then the hand went out and grabbed the party mix I had been craving!! hence the slip up.

BUT having e mailed Sue, she has reassured me that I will be Ok, my body could probably do with the rest and will respond well afterwards, also some advice to come on my nutrition while I am inactive. Also that she won a her monthly Bodyblitz with 4 weeks off injured!!

So I was straight back with a vengence today, spot on with my food, hammered legs, did my cardio........ and I feel good and very positive about the whole thing, it has made me more determind.

I Will fit all my training in before I go in on Friday, be spot on with my food and hope my recovery is good. I will go crazy doing nothing although I have lots to work to do starting the Pregnancy Programmes for Sue, I can't wait, I love this area.

Perhaps I can have my free meal (only get one a fortnight!!) on my sons birthday a week after, perhaps a bit of choc cake!!! a small bit!!

Anyway, must get to sleep, I have a class in the morning and need some energy, although the Durathon I have been taking for about a week and a half now are definatly working, a marked difference in my energy levels.

Hope you all have a great weekend......... I'll report back on Monday with my stats.

1 comment:

jodie said...

Hi Shar
Good luck with op. I am sure you will pull through fine... It will be a good thing in the long run, and think of it this way - the sooner you get it done, the sooner you can recover and the sooner you can kick some butt in the gym!